Science Laboratory Unit (UMS) was established in 1974, together with the establishment of DPIM (Diploma in Planting Management) course at Padang Katong, Kangar Perlis. Science Laboratory Unit is currently led by a Science Officer that assisted by 4 assistant science officers. Management of all this laboratories is administered by 1 senior clerk and 2 office assistants which dealing with documentation processes.
After having merged with Civil Engineering and Surveying laboratories, this unit consists of 35 support staffs including 18 laboratory assistants and 7 technicians. Currently, science laboratory unit consists of Biology, Marine, Navigation, Chemistry, Physics, Soil Science, Instrumentation, Polymer, Surveying and Civil Engineering laboratories. This unit also will expand by addition of another 20 laboratories in our new building called Science, Technology and Research that synonymous to STAR complex.
- To provide facilities for laboratory practical in science and technology to students
- To provide laboratory facilities for science, engineering and surveying lecturers to do research in their field.
- Promising of fast services, efficient and high quality to meet our customers’ needs including students, lecturers and external institutions.
- Always ensures the provided facilities and equipments are related to new syllabus that certify effective teaching and learning.
- To increase the awareness of our customers about laboratory safety.
- Purchase of apparatus and chemicals in accordance with the syllabus and final year student research projects as requested by the lecturers.
- Increase awareness of laboratory safety - provide guidance and procedures of using the instruments or laboratory equipments to all laboratory users
- Compliance with the following laboratory practice: -
- Preparation of the apparatus and chemicals in accordance with the practical classes (preparation ½ hours before practical runs)
- Wet sample preparation for Marine and Biological laboratory (5 days / week)
Encik Khairul Hafezad Abdullah
Puan Jarain bt Abu Seman
Pembantu Tadbir Kanan
Encik Rosmanizan Abu Seman
Pembantu Am Pejabat