UITM Perlis Student Affairs & Alumni Division is responsible for the running of this unit. Headed by Co-Curriculum Officer cum Head of Unit, he is assisted by the Assistant Co-curriculum Officer, and several Assistants and Co-curriculum Coordinators. As from this semester (Dis 2009-April 2010), this unit does not only monitor and coordinates co-curriculum for uniformed bodies , but also the non-uniformed . The basic aim is to ensure that the implementation of each activity is consistent with the Co-curriculum Centre UiTM Shah Alam.
The objectives of Co-curriculum unit are:
- Provide a comprehensive service to students by providing staffs which are students friendly .
- Strengthening the role and recognition of “Komander Kesatria” (uniformed body commanding officer) at university level and also by outside agencies through the various strengthening activities carried out. (‘Kesatria’ is a uniformed body which its role resembles Reserve Officer Training Unit)
- To produce students that have a high level of discipline based on learning syllabus that has been set
- Promising of fast services, efficient and high quality to meet our customers’ needs including students, lecturers and external institutions.
- Always ensures the provided facilities and equipments are related to new syllabus that certify effective teaching and learning.
- To increase the awareness of our customers about laboratory safety.
- To improve competitiveness, courage, and creativity among students through the implementation of outdoor activities such as camping and abseiling.
The functions of Co-curriculum Unit are:
- To manage and coordinate administrative functions of the unit.
- To manage and to conduct courses for Uniformed Co-curriculum Bodies of Kesatria and the non-Kesatria, also the non-uniformed bodies.
- To prepare and to update the University’s co-curriculum syllabus.
- Manage and implement the strengthening of ‘Komander Kesatria’ programme.
- Manage and supervise the equipment and logistics needs training for co-curricular courses.
- Help manage Honorary Kesatria Officers.
Bangunan Hal Ehwal Pelajar & Alumni,
Universiti Teknologi MARA
Tel : 04-9882363
Faks : 04-9882411
Nama Wakil Unit : En. Mhd Nasri bin Mat Saad
No. Telefon : 017-4581981